One of the cloud vendors which I am following and working very closely is Amazon Web Services (AWS) they are the pioneer in the cloud computing that makes on-demand computing platform. As part of my job I spend significant amount of time on AWS technology so I have decided to take up one of the AWS certification. I thought it would be better to write what I learn as part of my certification preparation which would benefit other aspirants who are keen to learn technology.
So what is AWS??
Amazon Web Services is a web services platform which is offering IT services (Compute, Storage, Network, Database. etc…) on demand. The services is operated across 15 geographical location around the world and there are around 80+ services offered as on today. Following are the list of services which are available on high level and overview of the services can be found here:
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Regions – Physical location in world, there are around 16 location as on Dec 206.
- Availability Zone – Physical datacenter in each location, each region will have minimum of two Availability Zone (AZ), there are around 42 AZ’s as on Dec 206.
- Edge Locations – Physical Location which is used for delivering Content Delivery Network, around 68 location are available around the world as on Dec 206
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage – Block Storage
- Amazon Simple Storage Service – Object Storage
- Amazon Glacier – Archival Storage
- AWS Storage Gateway – Software appliance that links on-premises to AWS
- Amazon Elastic File System – File Storage
- Cloud Data Migration Services – Moving data in and out of AWS cloud
- Amazon RDS – Managed relational database
- Amazon DynamoDB – Managed NoSQL database
- Amazon Redshift – Managed peta-byte scale datawarehouse
- Amazon ElastiCache – In-Memory Cache based database
- Amazon Aurora – Managed MySQL compatible relational database
- Security, Identity & Compliance
- AWS Identity & Access Management – Manage user access & Encryption Keys
- AWS Directory Services – Host and managed Active Directory
- AWS Key Management Services – Creation and Control of Encryption keys
- Amazon Inspector – Application Security
- AWS Certification Manager – Deploy and manage certificates
- AWS CloudHSM – Key Storage for regulatory compliance
- AWS WAF – Filter web traffic
- AWS Organizations – Manages multiple accounts
- AWS Shield – DDoS Protection
- Management Tools
- Application Services
- Developer Tools
- Mobile Services
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Enterprise Applications
- Game Development
A full list of services which are available in AWS and the region the services are provided can be found here.