I am happy to announce the book which I have been Co-Authoring has been released by Packt Publishing. The book title is VMware ESXi Cookbook and the book contains over 50 recipe which walks through the entire vSphere Administration. A Sample chapter on Securing the ESXi Server and Virtual Machines is available for free download.The book is around 334 pages and has got 9 chapters.
What you will learn:
- Install ESXi, configure network management, and customize the host using host profiles
- Understand the installation and configuration of the vCenter virtual appliance along with advanced vCenter server options
- Configure the network for a virtual infrastructure using standard switch and distributed switch.
- Configure various network policies and the private VLAN using vSphere web client
Implement and configure various storage options and optimize storage using storage I/O control and storage profiles
- Create and configure various clusters including high availability(HA), distributed resource scheduler (DRS), dynamic power management (DPM), and storage DRS
- Provision and manage virtual machines, configure fault tolerance for VMs, and understand the methods to use the snapshot, template, and clone tools
- Secure ESXi hosts using firewall, configure AD authentication, and strengthen the security for virtual machines
- Understand how to view performance graphs and export the graph for future reference Configure vCenter alarms and export logs for troubleshooting
- Learn the installation steps of the update manager and upgrade the ESXi host and virtual machine using update manager
The book is available for purchase via Packt
Happy Reading 🙂