In this post i will be writing about the different VMware certification which are available. There are multiple path in the VMware certification and its based on the product it allows us to choose a product and allow to get certified in the master level. Currently we have the certification for the below platforms
- Cloud – This is Certification is for the vCloud Products
- Data Center Virtualization – This is for the vSphere suite and its the standard certification which is there for long time
- End user Computing – This is for the desktop products (View, Horizon)
- Network Virtualization – This particular is certification is not Live as on the date of writing this post. Mostly this would be related to the VMware NSX
- Cloud Application Platform – This is mostly for the developers and its based on the Spring product
Now lets see about the different levels of certification on the about the platform
VMware Certified Associate (VCA) – This is new certification program launched by VMware and there is no mandatory training required for this certification. This is for the entry level people who are looking to start their carrier in the VMware technologies. This certification can be registered online and the exam can be taken from home. The Associate exam is available for the below platforms
VMware Certified Professional (VCP) – This certification is there for a long time now and you need to attend a mandatory training from a authorized VATC to sit for this exam. One has to have some hands on experience on the product before siting for the exam. The VCP certification is available on DCV, Cloud and EUC.
VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) – This is the advanced certification of the VCP and once has to be a VCP and need to required for authorization from VMware before registering for this exam. And in VCAP we have two exams DCA and DCD. The Data Center Administration (DCA) exam is a 4 hr lab based exam on the day to day vSphere Administration task and Data Center Design (DCD) is objective and visio based exam from vSphere design perceptive. the VCAP is a per-requiste for the VCDX exam.
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) – This is the highest level of the certification from the VMware and one has to spend considerable amount of time for VCDX preparation. One has to be a VCP and VCAP certified before they can actually submit the application for the VCDX .
More information on the exam and certification programs can be found here